Dear Potential Client:
Are you experiencing frustration, loss, anxiety, relationship problems that make life more challenging than you ever imagined? The main focus of my life has been to teach, mentor and support others through difficult times. Beginning as an educator, student advocacy was my objective in my career path as well as in community service through volunteer services.
Now, with over 30 years of professional experience, plus several decades of life experience facing the same challenges each of you face in your adult lives give me the ability to assist you with solution based options for your own personal challenges. Issues we all will experience if we live long enough are:
- Relationships with others; particularly significant others
- Relationships with how to resolve conflict successfully with others
- Relationships with our children; particularly new parenting and also the teen years
- Relationships with time, money, body image, our spiritual life, work/career, emotions, and friendships
- Relationships with learning to find peace in the midst of all these challenges
- Relationships with illness, aging family members, our own aging as well
- Most importantly, relationship "self" in these fast paced days in our culture and our world
With more decades behind me than ahead, and having faced all of the above challenges including adopting two children, one who eventually became terminally ill and died 17 years later. Too, my life has included divorce, remarriage, step parenting, learning to be in a successful marital relationship with honoring and cherishing one another being the most important goal for both of us. Learning to age with honoring the process of life, and weaving my life experience into your challenges as an example that challenges can bring about the most personal growth and maturity. I appreciate the opportunity to share in that journey with you as an advocate and mentor, life coach and counselor for a while. Using reality therapy, solution focused, and client centered approaches, you will find a better way forward through our time together in each session.
Having parented 4 children, my two, and two step children, 3 now all successful and self actualized adults, one deceased, my personal life experiences add to my professional training to assist you in your challenging life journey.
Masters in Education from The University of North Carolina Greensboro 1992
LPC in the state of North Carolina License # 4114
NCC National Certified Counselor #27961
NBCT National Board Certified Teacher in the area of Educational Counseling
Member of the American Counseling Association